Practical Apartment Management
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Edward N. Kelley
- Publish Date: 2003-11-04
This new fifth edition of a classic is a must read for every apartment managerâfrom the site manager of a single building to the executive manager of multiple properties. This how-to, hands-on guide helps you master the basics and gives you fresh ideas and practical techniques that you can use immediately to increase efficiency and profitability.
* An overview of the business of apartment management
* Hiring and managing property staff
* Policies to guide property operations
* Leasing policies, the rental application process, and the lease document
* Policies for residents
* Strategies for maximizing rent collections
* Documenting property assets and maintaining the property
* Understanding why people rent and marketing accordingly
* Converting prospects to residents
* Setting and raising rents
Practical Apartment Management also provides comprehensive coverage of advertising, upgrading and renovation, property insurance, budgeting, and accounting and record keeping.