An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology, Volume 88, Fifth Edition (International Geophysics)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: James R. Holton;Gregory J Hakim
- Publish Date: 2012-08-31
During the past decade, the science of dynamic meteorology has continued its rapid advance. The scope of dynamic meteorology has broadened considerably. Much of the material is based on a two-term course for seniors majoring in atmospheric sciences.
This book presents a cogent explanation of the fundamentals of meteorology and explains storm dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists. It discusses climate dynamics and the implications posed for global change. The new edition has added a companion website with MATLAB exercises and updated treatments of several key topics.
- Provides clear physical explanations of key dynamical principles
- Contains a wealth of illustrations to elucidate text and equations, plus end-of-chapter problems
- Holton is one of the leading authorities in contemporary meteorology, and well known for his clear writing style
- Instructor's Manual available to adopters
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- A companion website with MATLABÂ® exercises and demonstrations
- Updated treatments on climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, middle atmosphere dynamics, and numerical prediction