Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition (The Longman Academic Writing Series, Level 3)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Alice Oshima;Ann Hogue
- Publish Date: 2007-06-13
The Third Edition of Introduction to Academic Writing, by Alice Oshima and Ann Hogue, continues in the tradition of helping students to master the standard organizational patterns of the paragraph and the basic concepts of essay writing. The text's time-proven approach integrates the study of rhetorical patterns and the writing process with extensive practice in sentence structure and mechanics.
Features of the Third Edition:
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the process of writing.
- Clear, succinct explanations help students to understand and apply key concepts and rules.
- Numerous models and varied practice support students at all stages of writing.
- NEW instruction and practice in summary writing prepare students for academic work.
- NEWÂ Try It Out! exercises give students opportunities to assess mastery of skills.
- NEWÂ self-editing and peer-editing worksheets mortivate students to revise their work.
Introduction to Academic Writing is also available with CriterionSM Publisher's Version, which provides instantÂ online feedback on student writing:Â
Students simply submit their writing online and instantly receive personalized feedback on: Grammar, Usage, Style, Mechanics, Organization, and Development (essays only). Students can turn in better writing, and teachers can save time spent correcting drafts.
ClickÂ on the Resources link to order the edition with CriterionSM Publisher's VersionÂ
The Longman Academic Writing Series consists of:
- Level 1 Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Level 2 First Steps in Academic Writing, Second Edition
- Level 4 Writing Academic English, Fourth EditionÂ