Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS (2nd Edition)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Earl McKinney;David M. Kroenke
- Publish Date: 2014-02-16
For introductory courses in Management Information Systems
Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS, Second Edition provides a concise introduction to MIS with a hands-on approach to business processes.
Authored by Earl H. McKinney, Jr. and David M. Kroenke, the text shows you exactly how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. Packed with examples of business situations, both real and fictitious, the book helps you understand what business systems actually areâand see why they are so important.
The text consists of the five SAP-focused chapters from McKinney and Kroenkeâs Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS. A pair of appendices after chapters four and five contains SAP process exercises that enable you to get hands-on experience applying what you're learning in the course. This clear emphasis on business processes, and SAP in particular, makes Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS, Second Edition the ideal text for courses attended by those not majoring in MIS.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experienceâfor you.
- Benefit from question-based pedagogy : Each chapter provides a list of questions to ensure that you have attained learning objectives.
- Receive a clear learning path: Chapter-opening vignettes, SAP tutorial exercises, and active reviews guide you through the textâs key concepts.Â
- Become engaged with group exercises: Group exercises help you understand key concepts while allowing you to think critically as you are involved in discussions and activities.
- Keep content current: Help keep your students up to date with the most recent events.