Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Nicole S. Young
- Publish Date: 2013-12-30
The successor to Canon's popular, now-three-year-old EOS 60D prosumer DSLR, the Canon 70D is a powerful camera intended for advanced amateurs to professionals who want to jump into photography with the control and capabilities of a DSLRâbut without the high price. There's the manual, of course, as well as competing books, and while they all explain, often in 400+ pages, what the camera can do, none of them shows exactly how to use the camera to create great images!
This book has one goal: to teach Canon EOS 70D owners how to make great shots using their camera. Starting with the top ten things you need to know about the 70Dâcharging your battery, setting your ISO, reviewing your photos, and moreâprofessional photographer and author Nicole S. Young then carefully guides you through the modes of the camera, offering practical advice on choosing your settings, expert shooting tips, and end-of-chapter challenges to get you up and running with your 70D.
The 70D is slated for availability in late September 2013. Features include:
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- ISO 100â12,800 (expandable to 25,600) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- A 19-point all cross-type autofocus system
- A 7 frames-per-second continuous shooting capability
- In-camera features like HDR, HDR Backlight Control, Multiple Exposure, Handheld Night Scene, and Creative Filters
- A 3-inch Clear View LCD monitor
- And much more!