Art History Volume 1, Books a la Carte Edition (5th Edition)
- Binding: Loose Leaf
- Author: Marilyn Stokstad;Michael Cothren
- Publish Date: 2013-01-18
The most student-friendly, contextual, and inclusive survey is now personalized, digital, and mobile for todayâs students.
Art History 5th edition continues to balance formal analysis with contextual art history in order to engage a diverse student audience. Â Authors Marilyn Stokstad and Michael Cothren- both scholars as well as teachers- share a common vision that survey courses should be filled with as much enjoyment as learning, and that they should foster an enthusiastic, as well as an educated, public for the visual arts.Â Â Â Â
This revision is the strongest and most comprehensive learning program for measuring student progress and improving student success in attaining the outcomes and goals of the art history survey course. Not only does the text address four overarching goals of the survey course, the new MyArtsLab further develops and reinforces these outcomes and skills with market-leading learning tools such as personalized study plans for each student and multimedia assets geared towards addressing different learning styles and abilities, such as chapter audio, student videos, Closer Looks, architectural panoramas and much more. The end result is a complete learning program designed to increase studentsâ success with a personalized, digital and a highly mobile learning experience.Â Â
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experienceâfor you and your students.Â Hereâs how:
- Personalize Learning â MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructors gauge individual and class performance.
- Go Digital â Pearson Custom eText provides instructors and students with a whole new online customizable learning experience.
- Go Mobile â Make learning easy and convenient with our on-the-go eTexts and key learning applications.
- Improve Critical Thinking â Key Learning Outcomes encourage students to think critically about visual arts as part of the larger world.
- Engage Students â Updated scholarship, MyArtsLab, and the readability of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience.
- Support Instructors â With a wealth of online resources, instructors have videos, images, and teaching support materials to create a dynamic, engaging course.Â
This Book a la Carte Edition is an unbound, three-hole punched, loose-leaf version of the textbook and provides students the opportunity to personalized their book by incorporating their own notes and taking the portion of the book they need to class â all at a fraction of the bound book price.