Procedures for Primary Care
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: John L. Pfenninger;Grant Fowler
- Publish Date: 2003-09-09
Dr. Pfenninger, one of the lead author's on this book, is the recent recepient of the 2005 Teaching Excellence Award from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine and the 2005 Thomas W. Johnson Award for Career Contributions to Family Medicine Education. His book, Primary Care Procedures 2E, is comprehensive, how-to resource offers step-by-step strategies for nearly every outpatient procedure that can be performed in an office, hospital or emergency care facility. Designed for everyday practice, the outline format allows speedy reference while the detailed text and clear illustrations guide readers through each procedure. The new edition of this best-selling book features more than 80 new procedures on hot topics relevant to primary care practice.
- The easy-to-use outline format allows speedy reference, while the detailed text thoroughly explains each procedure.
- Boxes and tables throughout highlight important information in at-a-glance summaries.
- Includes patient teaching guides for each procedure covered.
- More than 80 new chapters and procedures, including hot topics such as: conscious sedation, burn treatment, tissue adhesives, candida treatment for warts, and aesthetic procedures including hair removal, Botox injection, micro dermabrasive, collagen injection, skin peels, and more.
- Hundreds of new illustrations, and over 200 improved 2-color illustrations clearly highlight visual aspects of conditions and clarify key ideas.
- More detailed discussions of patient education and medical coding shed more light on these aspects of practice.
- New sturdy flexbind cover stands up to daily use.