Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: S. Brent Brotzman MD;Kevin E. Wilk PT DPT
- Publish Date: 2003-02-07
The 2nd Edition of this respected reference continues to provide state-of-the-art, practical guidance on the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with orthopaedic problems. Organized by anatomic region, this resource covers everything from initial examination and differential diagnosis...through treatment and postoperative rehabilitation. Its user-friendly organization offers fast access to protocols developed by internationally recognized othopaedists as well as physical and occupational therapists.
- Thoroughly covers examination techniques for common orthopaedic injuries.
- Presents a wealth of algorithms on criteria-based treatment as well as rehabilitation protocolsâfor patients with acute injuries and those recovering from orthopaedic procedures.
- Provides useful criteria on when a patient may safely return to sports or work.
- Features extensive coverage of both nonoperative and postoperative othropaedic injuries that are difficult to find.
- Presents fresh perspectives from a new co-editor, renowned physical therapist Kevin Wilk, PT.
- Features comprehensive coverage of hot topics such as hamstring injuries Â· strains and contusions of the quadriceps Â· groin pain Â· aquatic therapy for injured athletes Â· running injuries Â· shin splints in runners Â· returning to sports after concussions Â· osteoporosis Â· and more.
With 24 additional contributors.