Radiologic Science for Technologists Physics, Biology and Protection
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Stewart C. Bushong ScD FACR FACMP;Stewart Bushong
- Publish Date: 2004-05-26
This up-to-date textbook is designed to convey a working knowledge of radiologic science, providing a base from which radiographers can make informed decisions about technical factors and diagnostic image quality in the workplace. Its unique, full-color design highlights important concepts and makes content easy to understand. User-friendly features, clearly written content, and up-to-date material makes this resource ideal for both practitioners and radiography students preparing for the ARRT certification exam. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Broad coverage of topics in radiologic science includes radiologic physics, imaging, radiobiology, and radiation protection - as well as special topics in imaging such as mammography, fluoroscopy, spiral computed tomography, and cardiovascular interventional procedures.
- Vibrant, full-color design highlights learning features, math formulas, and key definitions and concepts by focusing attention on important information and making it easy to review content and formulas.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, chapter introductions and summaries help students organize and understand information.
- Quick reference information (formulas, conversion tables, abbreviations, etc.) is printed on colored end sheets for easy access to frequently used information.
- End-of-chapter questions provide opportunities for students to review and assess what they've learned, using definition exercises, short answer, and calculations.
- Special icons designate Math Formulas boxes and Important Concepts boxes to highlight and emphasize the most important information or mathematical formulas as they appear in the chapters.
- The latest advances in radiologic science are included, with significant updates to chapters on Mammography, Interventional, Multislice Spiral CT, Digital Imaging and Radiation Protection.
- A new chapter on Digital Image Receptors provides an analysis of newer approaches to direct capture radiography and explores the benefits of new modalities, such as lower patient radiation dose.
- Key terms are bolded and defined when first encountered in the text, and each bolded key term is included in an expanded glossary.