Small Animal Internal Medicine, 5e (Small Animal Medicine)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Richard W. Nelson DVM;C. Guillermo Couto DVM
- Publish Date: 2013-12-23
With hundreds of images and a practical clinical emphasis, Small Animal Internal Medicine, 5th Edition helps you recognize, diagnose, and treat common internal disorders and conditions. Clear, step-by-step guidelines thoroughly describe commonly performed procedures. Hundreds of summary tables make it easy to look up clinical signs, potential causes, drug information, and treatment modalities. This edition is updated with the latest research findings for accurate diagnosis and management of small animal pathologies. Written by veterinary clinicians Richard Nelson and C. Guillermo Couto, and joined by a team of expert contributors, this text is a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide to solving internal medical challenges.
The many tables, decision trees, drawings and photos highlight the key points which make for a very pleasant read. I bet that the previous edition of this major textbook is a bit dog-eared and so now is the time to invest. ROI* guaranteed. (*Return On Investment) Reviewed by: Vet's Today Date: July 2014
As a reference textbook for use on a day-today basis I would highly recommend this book. It lives up to its promises and really is a âpractical, easy-to-use, quick, clear and logicalâ text book for practitioners and students alike. Reviewed by: Veterinary Record Date: June 2014
- A problem-oriented approach begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques, and then moves on to therapeutic considerations and management.
- Step-by-step procedures provide an easy-to-follow description of each procedure.
- Over 850 full-color photographs and illustrations accurately depict specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Color-coded summary tables and boxes make it quick and easy to look up clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, treatment, and recommended drug dosages and indications.
- Knowledgeable contributors are recognized experts in their respective internal medicine specialties, and known for their clinical as well as academic and research expertise.
- Practical algorithms promote decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Extensive cross-referencing makes it easy to locate related information.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter facilitate access to the latest research findings.
- NEW! Updated content on hundreds of internal medicine topics helps you make the best diagnostic and treatment determinations. New coverage includes management of heart failure, chronic mitral valve disease, and heartworm disease; diagnosis of hepatobiliary disease in cats and treatment of pancreatitis in dogs; treatment and monitoring of diabetic dogs and cats; dietary recommendations for obesity in dogs and cats; diagnosis and management of seizure disorders; and new diagnostic methods in patients with hematologic disorders.
- NEW authors have completely revised the Urinary Tract Disorders and Reproductive System Disorders sections, providing all-new content that clarifies the latest research and clinical findings in these areas.
- UPDATED! Drug and treatment tables ensure that you have the most current treatment information.