Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13e
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Deborah B. Proctor EdD RN CMA;Brigitte Niedzwiecki RN MSN RMA;Julie Pepper BS CMA (AAMA);Payel Madero RHIT MBA;Marti Garrels Marti Garrels MSA MT(ASCP) CMA (AAMA);Helen Mills
- Publish Date: 2016-06-07
Comprehensive Medical Assisting begins with Kinn! Elsevierâs 60th Anniversary edition of Kinnâs The Medical Assistant, 13th Edition provides you with real-world administrative and clinical skills that are essential to working in the modern medical office. An applied learning approach to the MA curriculum is threaded throughout each chapter to help you further develop the tactile and critical thinking skills necessary for working in todayâs healthcare setting. Paired with our adaptive solutions, real âworld simulations, EHR documentation and HESI remediation and assessment, you will learn the leading skills of modern administrative and clinical medical assisting in the classroom!
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding prepares you to use the ICD-10 coding system.
- Learning objectives listed in the same order as content makes it easy to review material.
- Clinical procedures integrated into the TOC give you a quick reference point.
- Professional behavior boxes provide guidelines on how to interact with patients, families, and coworkers.
- Patient education and legal and ethical issues are described in relation to the Medical Assistant's job.
- Applied approach to learning helps you use what youâve learned in the clinical setting.
- Learning objectives and vocabulary with definitions highlight whatâs important in each chapter.
- Critical thinking applications test your understanding of the content.
- Step-by-step procedures explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Rationales for each procedure clarify the need for each step and explains why itâs being performed.
- Portfolio builder helps you demonstrate your mastery of the material to potential employers.
- NEW! Chapter on The Health Record reviews how youâll be working with a patientâs medical record.
- NEW! Chapter on Technology in the Medical Office introduces you to the role EHR technology plays in the medical office.
- NEW! Chapter on Competency-Based Education helps you understand how your mastery of the material will affect your ability to get a job.
- NEW! Clinical procedure videos helps you visualize and review key procedures.