Diagnostic Pathology: Head and Neck, 2e
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Lester D. R. Thompson MD;Bruce M. Wenig MD
- Publish Date: 2016-03-02
Part of the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series, this updated volume is a visually stunning, easy-to-use reference covering all aspects of head and neck pathology. Outstanding imagesâincluding gross and microscopic pathology, a wide range of stains, and detailed medical illustrationsâmake this an invaluable diagnostic aid for every practicing pathologist, resident, or fellow. This second edition incorporates the most recent clinical, pathological, histological, and molecular knowledge in the field to provide a comprehensive overview of all key issues relevant to todayâs practice.
- Thoroughly updated content throughout including new coverage of oropharyngeal carcinoma; HPV-associated, mammary analogue secretory carcinoma; EWSR1 driven tumors; molecular pathways as targets for salivary duct carcinoma; and much more
- High-quality, carefully annotated color images (50% new!) provide clinically and diagnostically important information on more than 315 new and evolving entities of the head and neck and endocrine organs
- State-of-the-art coverage of tumors, tumor development, and tumor genetics as well as normal histology, genetic testing, and new immunohistochemistry studies
- Fully integrated, searchable, and linked content between differential diagnostic categories is perfectly suited for residents, while updated genetic testing algorithms, new images, and outstanding graphics make this text ideal for both residents and practitioners
- Supporting studies are placed into clinical context, with tables and molecular flow charts that assist with management decisions and prognostic outcome predictions
- Time-saving reference features include bulleted text, a variety of test data tables, key facts in each chapter, annotated images, and an extensive index
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.