Lehne's Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Providers, 1e
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Laura Rosenthal DNP ACNP;Jacqueline Burchum DNSc APRN BC
- Publish Date: 2017-05-01
Get all of the pharmacotherapeutics principles and content you need to become a safe and effective prescriber with Lehne's Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Providers. This new text is built on the same solid foundation of clearly explained, up-to-date, and clinically current content as the undergraduate-level Lehneâs Pharmacology for Nursing Care, yet carefully focuses on the specific principles and drug content needed by primary and acute care nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and clinical nurse specialists. Three introductory chapters provide foundational content in the areas of prescriptive authority, rational drug selection, prescription writing, and promoting positive outcomes of drug therapy. Core chapter content centers on the drugs that advanced practitioner prescribers will see most commonly in clinical practice. Youâll also notice a sharp focus on pharmacotherapeutic decision-making along with a number of prescriber-focused pedagogical aids - including Black Box Warnings - to reinforce the most important information and help you make optimal pharmacotherapeutic decisions.
- Introductory chapters tailored to the specific needs of advanced practice prescribers cover topics such as prescriptive authority, rational drug selection and prescription writing, and promoting positive outcomes of drug therapy.
- Carefully focused pharmacotherapeutic content reflects the drugs most commonly seen and used by advanced practice prescribers, with emphasis not on the first drug discovered or developed in each class but on the agents most often used today. Primary care drugs are addressed first in each chapter as appropriate, followed by and acute care drugs.
- UNIQUE! Prescriber-focused pedagogical aids further reinforce the most important information for advanced practice prescribers. Black Box Warnings alert you to special warnings and precautions related to particular drugs.
- Integrated coverage of Canadian trade names appears throughout the text and is highlighted with a familiar maple-leaf icon.
- Integrated coverage of interprofessional collaboration addresses the growing global interest in interprofessional collaboration and incorporates opportunities for interprofessional collaborative practice throughout.