Pediatric Psychopharmacology: Fast Facts (Fast Facts (Norton))
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Daniel F. Connor;Bruce M. Meltzer M.D.
- Publish Date: 2006-01-17
The psychopharmacological treatment of youth calls for knowledge and skill in selecting medications and doses appropriate to the developmental stage of children and teens.This new title in the Fast Facts series, full of up-to-date and authoritative information, is a critical resource for all health care professionals working with children and adolescents.Psychiatrists, prescribing psychologists, psychotherapists, pediatricians, family practice physicians, pediatric neurologists, nurse practitioners, allied mental health professionals, and trainees in these professions are provided with:
- General introductory reviews of the principles of pediatric psychopharmacology and related patient assessment issues;
- Detailed discussions of psychiatric medications organized by drug class;
- A comprehensive review of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders.
- Rich background information and clear explanations of clinical directions for the prescriber and nonprescriber alike.
Authored by two child and adolescent psychiatrists, Pediatric Psychopharmacology provides empirically-based, state-of-the-art knowledge as well as clear practical guidance regarding assessment, prescription, monitoring, and discontinuation of medications.