Stanislavski in Practice: Exercises for Students
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Nick O'Brien
- Publish Date: 2010-10-22
Stanislavski in Practice is an unparalleled step-by-step guide to Stanislavskiâs System. Author Nick OâBrien makes this cornerstone of acting accessible to teachers and students alike.
This is an exercise book for students and a lesson planner for teachers on syllabi from Edexcel, WJEC and AQA to the practice-based requirements of BTEC. Each element of the System is covered practically through studio exercises and jargon-free discussion.
Over a decadeâs experience of acting and teaching makes OâBrien perfectly placed to advise anyone wanting to understand or apply Stanislavskiâs system.
- Practical extension work for students to take away from the lesson
- Notes for teachers on how to use material with different age groups
- Exam tips for students based on specific syllabi requirements
- A chapter dedicated to using Stanislavski when rehearsing a text
- A glossary of terms that students of the System will encounter