Mesoscale Meteorology in Midlatitudes
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Paul Markowski;Yvette Richardson
- Publish Date: 2010-02-22
Mesoscale Meteorology in Mid-Latitudes presents the dynamics of mesoscale meteorological phenomena in a highly accessible, student-friendly manner. The book's clear mathematical treatments are complemented by high-quality photographs and illustrations. Comprehensive coverage of subjects including boundary layer mesoscale phenomena, orographic phenomena and deep convection is brought together with the latest developments in the field to provide an invaluable resource for mesoscale meteorology students.
Mesoscale Meteorology in Mid-Latitudes functions as a comprehensive, easy-to-use undergraduate textbook while also providing a useful reference for graduate students, research scientists and weather industry professionals.
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Covers the latest developments and research in the field
- Comprehensive coverage of deep convection and its initiation
- Uses real life examples of phenomena taken from broad geographical areas to demonstrate the practical aspects of the science