Water Resources Engineering
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Larry W. Mays
- Publish Date: 2004-11-01
Learn the principles and practice of water resources engineering from a leader in the field!
Now updated with a new chapter on sedimentation (Chapter 18), this 2005 Edition of Larry Mays's Water Resources Engineering provides you with the state-of-the-art in the field. With remarkable range and depth of coverage, Professor Mays presents a straightforward, easy-to-understand presentation of hydraulic and hydrologic processes using the control volume approach. He then extends these processes into practical applications for water use and water excess, including water distribution systems, stormwater control, and flood control. With its strong emphasis on analysis and design, this text will be a resource you'll refer to throughout your career!
- New! A new chapter covers sedimentation.
- Practical applications will prepare you for engineering practice.
- Coverage spans an extraordinary range of topics.
- Many example problems with solutions will help you hone your problem-solving skills.
- Practice problems at the end of each chapter offer you the opportunity to apply what you've learned.
- Includes a review of basic fluid concepts and the control volume approach to fluid mechanics.