Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2012 in 24 Hours, Complete Starter Kit
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: James Foxall
- Publish Date: 2012-10-18
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, youâll learn how to buildÂ complete, reliable, and modern applications with Visual Basic 2012. Using this bookâs straightforward, step-by-step approach, youâll master the entire process, from navigating VB 2012 to deploying finished solutions. Youâll learn how to write efficient object-oriented code; build superior user interfaces; work with graphics, text, and databases; and even control external applications. Each lesson builds on what youâve already learned, giving you a strong, practical foundation for success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Visual Basic 2012 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how toâ¦
- Navigate the VB 2012 environment and use VBâs powerful new tools
- Work with objects, collections, and events
- Build attractive, highly functional user interfaces
- Make the most of VB 2012âs advanced controls
- Create efficient modules and reusable procedures
- Store data, make decisions in code, and use loops to improve efficiency
- Use powerful object-oriented programming techniques
- Interact effectively with users
- Work with graphics, text files, and databases
- Debug and troubleshoot applications
- Manipulate external applications, file systems, and the Windows Registry
- Distribute the software youâve created
On the Web:
- Access code examples from the book, as well as updates, and corrections as they become available at informit.com/title/9780672336294
- Download Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows Desktop from www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads