Introduction to Critical Care Nursing
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Mary Lou Sole;Deborah Klein;Marthe Moseley
- Publish Date: 2004-10-29
The 4th edition provides a solid foundation in the concepts, assessment, and technical skills of critical care nursing. It includes an entire section focusing on skills that every critical care nurse needs to use, such as ventilatory assistance and hemodynamic monitoring. The text also provides real-life case studies to help readers understand how concepts apply to critical care practice. New chapters on the hot areas of Nutrition and Comfort and Sedation reflect the real-world challenges of the critical care nurse. Introduction to Critical Care Nursing, 4th Edition also comes with a companion website with self-study exercises. Ideal for students as well as experienced nurses new to critical care. Instructor resources available; contact your sales representative for details.
- Clinical Alerts emphasize the procedures and issues encountered in the clinical setting.
- Laboratory Alerts detail both common and cutting-edge tests and procedures.
- Research Analysis with references incorporate studies on cultural diversity and complementary therapies.
- Nursing Care Plans provide examples of nursing care for specific disorders; they include nursing diagnoses, patient outcomes, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Case Studies present actual cases highlighting the major discussions in each chapter with accompanying questions to help readers better understand how concepts apply to real life.
- Pathophysiology Flow Charts provide outcomes of particular injuries, disorders, and complex diseases.
- Geriatric Assessments alert the reader to the special critical care needs of the older patient.
- Drug Tables reflect the most current and most commonly used critical care drugs.
- Critical Thinking Questions challenge students' comprehension of the content.
- 2 NEW chapters on Nutritional Support and Comfort and Sedation cover hot topics in critical care nursing today.
- NEW! Two-color design and 85 new two-color line drawings enhance reader understanding.
- NEW! Evolve companion website supplements the text with numerous resources for instructors and learning tools for students, such as open-book quizzes for self-study and review.
- A NEW column of Rationales is included in Nursing Care Plans.
- Expansion of Gerontology content throughout the text increases the focus on this special population.