Processes of Constitutional Decisionmaking: Cases and Materials
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Paul Brest;Sanford Levinson;Jack M. Balkin;Akhil Reed Amar;Reva B. Siegel
- Publish Date: 2014-10-10
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes â portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
This extraordinary team of authors traces the historical, political, and social development of constitutional law. Processes of Constitutional Decisionmaking, Sixth Edition considers constitutional questions in a broad historical context, with cutting-edge insights from contemporary scholars. Updated to include all new developments in the field, it delivers strong chapters on the constitutional treatment of sex equality, race, civil rights, separation of powers, and federalism.
- Coverage of the Health Care Case (NFIB v.Sebelius) and Shelby County v. Holder
- New materials on sexual orientation, race, and gender.
- Completely revised materials on sexual autonomy and abortion.
- Coverage of Second Amendment rights.
- Coverage of new developments in executive power and national security law.
- Increased coverage of the history of important political and social movements and their effects on American constitutional development.
- Expansion of the rich historical materials for which the casebook is famous--including new materials on the formation of the Constitution, the early Republic, the legislative history of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Gilded Age, and the constitutional struggle over the New Deal
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.