The Incontinence Solution: Answers for Women of All Ages
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Dr. William Parker;Amy Rosenman;Rachel Parker
- Publish Date: 2002-07-02
Millions of women experience difficulties controlling their bladders but suffer in silence, reluctant to speak to their doctors -- or even to their best friends -- about the problem. Here, at last, women will find the most up-to-date medical explanations and state-of-the-art solutions, including:
- Controversial links between current childbirthing practices -- like episiotomy, the use of forceps, and long labor -- and the development of incontinence later in life.
- Advanced diagnostic tests that enable women to quickly find the most effective treatment.
- Nonsurgical treatments: pelvic muscle exercises and oral medications that really work.
- Surgical options featuring new minimally invasive outpatient procedures.