Companion Animal Ethics (UFAW Animal Welfare)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Peter Sand?e;Sandra Corr;Clare Palmer
- Publish Date: 2015-11-02
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Companion Animal Ethics explores the important ethical questions and problems that arise as a result of humans keeping animals as companions.
- The first comprehensive book dedicated to ethical and welfare concerns surrounding companion animals
- Scholarly but still written in an accessible and engaging style
- Considers the idea of animal companionship and why it should matter ethically
- Explores problems associated with animals sharing human lifestyles and homes, such as obesity, behavior issues, selective breeding, over-treatment, abandonment, euthanasia and environmental impacts
- Offers insights into practical ways of improving ethical standards relating to animal companions