Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations: A Strategic Approach
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Joan E. Pynes
- Publish Date: 2013-08-12
Since the first edition was published in 1997, Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations has become the go-to reference for public and nonprofit human resources professionals. Now in its fourth edition, the text has been significantly revised and updated to include information that reflects changes in the field due to the economic crisis, changes in federal employment laws, how shifting demographics affect human resources management, the increased use of technology in human resources management practices, how social media has become embedded in the workplace, and new approaches to HRM policy and practice.
Written by Joan E. Pynesâa noted expert in public administrationâthis authoritative work shows how strategic human resources management is essential for managing change in an increasingly complex environment. The book
- Includes new material on workplace violence and employee discipline
- Reviews updates on the legal environment of HRM
- Contains suggestions for managing a diverse workforce
- Offers a wealth of revised tables and exhibits
- Updates the most recent developments in collective bargaining in the public and nonprofit sectors
- Outlines the most current approaches to recruitment and selection
- Presents an overview of recent information on compensation and benefits
- Gives an update of the technological advances used for strategic human resources management
- Provides examples of HRM policies from other countries
The book also includes an enhanced instructor's guide with examination questions, PowerPointÂ® slides, experiential exercises, and video vignettes that are coordinated with chapters in the book.