Cardiac Pacing and ICDs
- Binding: Paperback
- Publish Date: 2014-05-12
Cardiac Pacing and ICDs, 6e is the ideal resource for clinicians who need an accessible, clinically-focused guide to cardiac pacemakers, ICDs and CRTs. Completely updated, and now with larger full-color images throughout, this new sixth edition offers thorough coverage of essential topics like:
- Indications for both temporary and permanent pacing
- Pacing hemodynamics explained in clinically relevant terms with simple algorithms for mode selection and device programming
- Tips and Tricks for implantation and removal of devices and left ventricular leads
- Evaluation and management of pacemaker and ICD device malfunctions
- MRI safety and how to follow patients with devices
- Remote follow up and more
- Thoroughly revised and redone to provide more tables, charts and figures explaining devices
Cardiac Pacing and ICDs, 6e presents all aspects of pacing in an intuitive, easy-to-use way: chapters proceed from pacing basics and indications through initial patient presentation, device implementation, trouble-shooting, and long-term follow-up â an approach that mirrors the clinicianâs course of action in treating and managing patients.
Itis the perfect reference for cardiology and electrophysiology fellows, general clinical cardiologists, and electrophysiologists who want a clear-headed, authoritative overview of current devices and best practices for their use treating heart rhythm abnormalities.Â It will also be of great use to those studying for the IHRBE Examination in Devices, and individuals in this field who care for patients with implantable devices at all levels.