Design for Software: A Playbook for Developers
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Erik Klimczak
- Publish Date: 2013-04-01
A unique resource to help software developers create a desirable user experience
Today, top-flight software must feature a desirable user experience. This one-of-a-kind book creates a design process specifically for software, making it easy for developers who lack design background to create that compelling user experience. Appealing to both tech-savvy designers and creative-minded technologists, it establishes a hybrid discipline that will produce first-rate software. Illustrated in full color, it shows how to plan and visualize the design to create software that works on every level.
- Today's software demands attention to the quality of the user experience; this book guides you through a practical design process to achieve that goal
- Approaches the mechanics of design with a process inspired by art and science
- Avoids the abstract and moves step by step through techniques you can put to use immediately
- Covers planning your design, tested methods, how to visualize like a designer, psychology of design, and how to create software that developers will appreciate
- Explores such elements as choosing the right typeface and managing interactivity
Design for Software: A Playbook for Developers brings the art of good design together with the science of software development to create programs with pizazz.