Higher Education Law: Policy and Perspectives
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Klinton W. Alexander;Kern Alexander
- Publish Date: 2016-10-27
This fully revised and updated textbook weaves law into its historical, political, and sociological context, while providing clear explanation of the law as it applies to American colleges and universities. This text draws exclusively on federal and state cases emerging from campuses and includes helpful pedagogical elements--such as chapter outlines, questions for discussion, side bars, text boxes, research aids, and summation of law--to equip readers with the tools and knowledge to effectively respond in an environment of increasing litigation. Addressing a gap in the literature, this new edition provides a comprehensive and accessible understanding of the latest laws relevant to higher education and student affairs administrators.
New In This Edition:
- Explanation and streamlining of old case law.
- New cases throughout covering recent developments in: student loan debt, student safety, Internet speech, affirmative action, discrimination, Greek life, issues relating to new technology, non-faculty employees, campus police, and athletics.
- Revised explanation on student and college costs.
- Expanded examination of the idea of academic freedom