A Book of Middle English
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: J. A. Burrow;Thorlac Turville-Petre
- Publish Date: 2004-11-30
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
This essential Middle English textbook, now in its third edition, introduces students to the wide range of literature written in England between 1150 and 1400.
- New, thoroughly revised edition of this essential Middle English textbook.
- Introduces the language of the time, giving guidance on pronunciation, spelling, grammar, metre, vocabulary and regional dialects.
- Now includes extracts from âPearlâ and Chaucerâs âTroilus and Criseydeâ.
- Bibliographic references have been updated throughout.
- Each text is accompanied by detailed notes.