Qualitative Research in Nursing and Healthcare
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Immy Holloway;Stephanie Wheeler
- Publish Date: 2009-12-02
'â¦a wonderfully easy-to-follow text which manages to combine practical procedures with clear explanations of the underlying theoretical concepts.'
Nursing StandardÂ (from review of first edition)
The third edition of this successful book incorporates recent developments in nursing research, with updates to every chapter. Abstract ideas in qualitative research are clearly explained and more complex theories are included. Structured into four clear sections, the book looks at initial stages, methods of data collection, qualitative approaches and analysis of collected data.
- Brand new chapter on Mixed Methods Research
- Considers a variety of approaches from Ethnography to Action Research
- Allows the reader to dip in and out depending on their choice of approach
- Detailed reference lists provide guidance for further reading
- Links research with real nursing practice through relevant examples throughout
Professor Immy Holloway has been at Bournemouth University since its inception and works in the School of Health and Social Care. Though now retired from full-time work, she still takes an active in teaching and PhD supervision. She wrote, edited and co-wrote several books in the field of qualitative research which have been translated into several languages and published articles in peer reviewed journals.Â Her latest book is A-Z of Qualitative Research in Healthcare. (2008) Oxford: Blackwell.Â Â
Stephanie Wheeler, an academic with a nursing and health visiting background, is a specialist in healthcare ethics and was for many years chair of an ethics committee.Â She has given lectures on ethics all over the UK, organised research conferences in qualitative research and also published in this field.