The Trustee's Legal Companion: A Step-by-Step Guide to Administering a Living Trust
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Liza Hanks Attorney;Carol Zolla Attorney
- Publish Date: 2010-05-09
You're the trustee-what now?
It's an honor to be entrusted with wrapping up the affairs of a deceased loved one, but it's also a big task, one you may find stressful and confusing. Here is a guide that you can rely on for help with the legal, personal and practical aspects of administering a living trust.
The Trustee's Legal Companion shows you exactly how to proceed, from handling paperwork to keeping beneficiaries informed, to knowing when to call in the professionals and how to work with them. Find out how to distribute money to the rightful beneficiaries, in keeping with the terms of the trust and state law, as well as a full breakdown of:
- what the job of trustee entails
- determining whether or not to take the job
- finding and working with legal and tax experts
- what to do with assets that should be in the trust but aren't
- subtrust funding
- managing an ongoing trust
- paying debts and taxes
- keeping good records to avoid challenges to your actions
- terminating the trust