Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Keep Your Property & Repay Debts Over Time
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Stephen Elias;Patricia Dzikowski Attorney
- Publish Date: 2016-05-25
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
When you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can wipe out some of your debt and pay off the rest over time with a repayment plan approved by the bankruptcy court. You may be able to:
- avoid foreclosure
- stop car repossession
- reduce car loan debt
- stop most debt collectors, and
- remove junior liens from your home
- consider alternatives to bankruptcy
- decide if Chapter 13 is your best option
- determine if you qualify for Chapter 13
- estimate your monthly plan repayment
- find and work effectively with an excellent lawyer, and
- rebuild your credit after bankruptcy
If you are considering or have decided to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Noloâs Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is the essential guide you need to understand the procedures and law.
Please note: This book does not cover business bankruptcies, farm reorganizations, or Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy. For Chapter 7 bankruptcy, see Nolo's How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.