Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples, A (Legal Guide for Lesbian and Gay Couples)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Frederick Hertz Attorney;Emily Doskow
- Publish Date: 2016-10-24
Protect yourself and your loved one with sound legal planning
Gay and lesbian couples have gained a lot of legal ground in recent years. Although same-sex marriage is now legal across the U.S.,laws governing civil unions and domestic partnerships vary from state to state.
So itâs still important to define and protect your relationship in the eyes of the lawâand A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples can help.
This plain-English guide shows you how to:
- structure your relationship with a contract
- jointly buy a house or other property
- make practical decisions about living together, marrying, or registering as legal partners
- make a will or living trust
- make medical decisions for each other if needed
- have and raise children through adoption, donors, surrogacy, or foster parenting, and
- deal with the end of a relationship.
All forms are now downloadable via a special link at nolo.com.