Color Textbook of Histology, 3e
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Leslie P. Gartner PhD;James L. Hiatt PhD
- Publish Date: 2006-12-01
Concise, current, and richly illustrated, this one-of-a-kind text encompasses cellular and molecular biological concepts as well as classical morphology to present histology from a functional perspective. A wealth of superb illustrations - including light and electron micrographs as well as schematic diagrams and three-dimensional drawings - make all concepts easy to understand, and clinical correlations underscore the practical relevance of the material. Helpful tables and summary statements summarize vital information at a glance. Thoroughly updated to reflect all of the latest concepts and advances in the field, this third edition also includes full-text online access via www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find a wealth of supplemental tools to facilitate study and exam preparation.
- Features an abundance of illustrations, including micrographs, diagrams, drawings, and tables that clarify essential information.
- Provides clinical considerations in each chapter when appropriate.
- Key terms are bold face and chapter summaries alert students to important content.
- Provides a comprehensive cross-referenced index for easy location of needed information.
- Comes with STUDENT CONSULT - enabling you to access the complete contents of the book at www.studentconsult.com, perform sophisticated searches, and take personal notes online Â· enhance your learning by completingÂ 100 USMLE-style review questions and answers Â· follow Integration Links to bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles Â· clip and download content to your handheld device Â· and much more.
- Contains a set of PowerPointâ¢ slides on CD-ROM, prepared by the authors, that offers you a convenient way to review the most essential information from the text.
- Offers more light micrographs and electron micrographs than ever before - with an increased number of labels in each micrograph to completely identify all of the features represented.
- Provides an increased focus on molecular biology.
- Delivers more clinical correlations throughout to more thoroughly demonstrate clinical implications.