Cellular and Molecular Immunology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 6e (Cellular & Molecular Immunology (Abbas))
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Abul K. Abbas MBBS;Andrew H. H. Lichtman MD PhD;Shiv Pillai MBBS PhD
- Publish Date: 2007-06-22
An exceptionally lucid guide to the latest immunology concepts! Through five best-selling editions, readers worldwide have appreciated this book's in-depth yet straightforward, richly illustrated approach to this complex subject. Now, sweeping updates incorporate the latest discoveries about innate immunity, the organization of lymphoid organs, and many other cutting-edge topics. Plus, online access via STUDENT CONSULT makes this an even more powerful learning resource!
- Clearly explains the experimental observations that form the basis for the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole-organism levelsâand the conclusions that can be drawn from those observations.
- Highlights the implications of immunologic science for the management of human disease, emphasizing the clinical relevance of the material.
- Innate immunity chapter has been increased and moved to the beginning of the book to reflect how this area is newly recognized as a critical part of immunology.
- New material has been added on: - recognition of microbial products by cytoplasmic and membrane sensors - intricate organization of lymphoid tissues - functional heterogeneity of subsets of dendritic cells and lymphocytes - roles of regulatory cells and inhibitory pathways in immune regulation.
- Provides a wealth of excellent full-color photographs and illustrations that enable you to visualize immunologic processes quickly.
- Includes highlighted take-home messages that make it easy to review key information.
- Image Collection on Evolve