Epidemiology, 4th Edition
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Leon Gordis
- Publish Date: 2008-05-28
This popular book is written by the award-winning teacher, Dr. Leon Gordis of the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University. He introduces the basic principles and concepts of epidemiology in clear, concise writing and his inimitable style. This book provides an understanding of the key concepts in the following 3 fully updated sections: Section I: The Epidemiologic Approach to Disease and Intervention; Section II: Using Epidemiology to Identify the Causes of Disease; Section III: Applying Epidemiology to Evaluation and Policy. Clear, practical graphs and charts, cartoons, and review questions with answers reinforce the text and aid in comprehension.
- Utilizes new full-color format to enhance readability and clarity.
- Provides new and updated figures, references and concept examples to keep you absolutely current - new information has been added on Registration of Clinical Trials, Case-Cohort Design, Case-Crossover Design, and Sources and Impact of Uncertainty ( disease topics include: Obesity, Asthma, Thyroid Cancer, Helicobacter Pylori and gastric/duodenal ulcer and gastric cancer, Mammography for women in their forties) â expanded topics include Person-time.
- Includes STUDENT CONSULT access, allowing you to: o Access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you goâ¦perform quick searchesâ¦and add your own notes and bookmarks. o Test yourself with the additional TEST BANK including 200 MCQs, plus complete rationales for all self-assessment Q and A in the print book. o Reference all other STUDENT CONSULT titles you own online, tooâall in one place!
- Introduces both the underlying concepts as well as the practical uses of epidemiology in public health and in clinical practice.
- Systemizes learning and review with study questions in each section and an answer key and index.
- Illustrates textual information with clear and informative full-color illustrations, many created by the author and tested in the classroom.