Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty, 3e (Billings, Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Diane M. Billings EdD RN FAAN;Judith A. Halstead PhD RN ANEF FAAN
- Publish Date: 2008-02-15
This complete faculty guide covers the four major components of the educator role â teaching, curriculum, information technology, and evaluation of students and programs â with comprehensive, contemporary guidelines to help you develop the educator competencies needed to ensure your success in todayâs complex health care and academic environments. This respected title is also one of the National League for Nursingâs recommended resources for nurses preparing to take the Certified Nurse Educator examination.
- Nationally recognized contributing authors share their expertise to bring you the best and most comprehensive information available.
- Presents innovative models of clinical teaching that show you how to effectively teach in an interdisciplinary setting, how to evaluate students in the clinical setting, and how to adapt your teaching for community-based practice.li>
- Strategies to promote critical thinking and active learning, including evaluation techniques, lesson planning, and constructing examinations, help you ensure students can apply and synthesize nursing content to make clinical decisions.li>
- Web links with numerous resources related to each chapter topic, available through the Evolve website, provide even more learning opportunities.
- Managing the Learning Environment chapter addresses classroom management and control, motivating and engaging students, and handling disruptive or problem students.
- Multicultural Education chapter provides strategies for effectively teaching and communicating with a culturally diverse student population.
- An entire chapter on simulations presents the development, implementation, and evaluation of simulations so you can successfully integrate this teaching method into your course.
- Reflecting on the Evidence feature at the end of each chapter provides questions that are perfect for classroom and online discussion.