Arduino and Kinect Projects: Design, Build, Blow Their Minds (Technology in Action)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Enrique Ramos Melgar;Ciriaco Castro Diez
- Publish Date: 2012-04-17
If you've done some Arduino tinkering and wondered how you could incorporate the Kinectâor the other way aroundâthen this book is for you. The authors of Arduino and Kinect Projects will show you how to create 10 amazing, creative projects, from simple to complex. You'll also find out how to incorporate Processing in your project designâa language very similar to the Arduino language.
The ten projects are carefully designed to build on your skills at every step. Starting with the Arduino and Kinect equivalent of Hello, World, the authors will take you through a diverse range of projects that showcaseÂ the huge range of possibilities that open up when Kinect and Arduino are combined.
- Gesture-based Remote Control. Control devices and home appliances with hand gestures.Â
- Kinect-networked Puppet. Play with a physical puppet remotely using your whole body.Â
- Mood Lamps.Â Build your own set of responsive, gesture controllable LED lamps.
- Drawing Robot.Â Control a drawing robot using a Kinect-based tangible table.Â
- Remote-controlled Vehicle.Â Use your body gestures to controlÂ a smart vehicle.
- Biometric Station. Use the Kinect for biometric recognition and checking Body Mass Indexes.Â
- 3D Modeling Interface. Learn how to use the Arduino LilyPad to build a wearable 3D modelling interface.Â
- 360Âº Scanner. Build a turntable scanner and scan any object 360ÂºÂ using only one Kinect.Â
- Delta Robot.Â Build and control your ownÂ fast and accurate parallel robot.Â Â