Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management, Second Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publish Date: 2011-04-26
Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management provides a comprehensive and unique reference that goes beyond the clinical discussion to include legal and financial aspects, life expectancy data, and assistive technology. It also includes case samples of actual plans related to specific conditions.
The book is divided into five parts:
- Normal Growth and Development of Children describes the normal growth and development and the cognitive and psychosocial development of children.
- The Roles of the Life Care Plan Team details the roles of members of a life care plan team, from the pediatric care manager and life care planner to the vocational rehabilitation consultant, among others.
- Chronic Conditions and Disability States offers guidelines for life care planning for children with a wide range of chronic health conditions and disabilities, including traumatic injuries and organ transplants.
- Forensic Considerations examines life care planning in legal cases, life expectancy issues, and life care plan foundation strategies and requirements.
- Special Issues discusses assistive technology, medical homes, funding sources, and ethical issues in caring for children with special needsâincluding a motherâs perspective on caring for her son.
With contributions from highly respected professionals, this text provides a guide for life care planners, health-care professionals, education specialists, insurance decision makers, attorneys, and families who work with children with special health-care needs.