Advanced Engineering Mathematics with MATLAB, Third Edition (Advances in Applied Mathematics)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Dean G. Duffy
- Publish Date: 2010-10-26
Taking a practical approach to the subject, Advanced Engineering Mathematics with MATLABÂ®, Third Edition continues to integrate technology into the conventional topics of engineering mathematics. The author employs MATLAB to reinforce concepts and solve problems that require heavy computation. MATLAB scripts are available for download at www.crcpress.com Along with new examples, problems, and projects, this updated and expanded edition incorporates several significant improvements.
New to the Third Edition
- New chapter on Greenâs functions
- New section that uses the matrix exponential to solve systems of differential equations
- More numerical methods for solving differential equations, including AdamsâBashforth and finite element methods
- New chapter on probability that presents basic concepts, such as mean, variance, and probability density functions
- New chapter on random processes that focuses on noise and other random fluctuations
Suitable for a differential equations course or a variety of engineering mathematics courses, the text covers fundamental techniques and concepts as well as Laplace transforms, separation of variable solutions to partial differential equations, the z-transform, the Hilbert transform, vector calculus, and linear algebra. It also highlights many modern applications in engineering to show how these topics are used in practice. A solutions manual is available for qualifying instructors.