Mathematics Through Play in the Early Years
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Kate Tucker
- Publish Date: 2014-02-20
'The book is grounded in the latest research aboutÂ how children become effective learners, particularly in relation to mathematics. Bringing together research and practice in an accessible way, Kate Tucker provides an essential resource for all those who work with young children. I strongly recommend it!' -Â Dr Sue Rogers,Â Head of Department of Early years and Primary Education,Â Institute of Education
Offering practical examples of focused, playful teaching this popular book is back for a third edition, with even more activities to use in your setting with children aged from 3 to 8.
Completely updated to include the revised Early Years Foundation Stage, this new edition covers all the hot topics in the field, and now includes:
- a new section on teaching mathematics in Forest School
- more coverage of using ICT to teach mathematics
- more coverage of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- a key vocabulary section at the end of each chapter, and a detailed glossary
- expanded and updated suggestions for Further Reading
- even more activities to use in lessons, with some extended to include 7-8 year olds
With a user-friendly layout, this new edition is an ideal resource for practitioners wishing to enhance their mathematics teaching, and for students wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of how to use play to teach mathematics.
Kate TuckerÂ is an early years teacher, trainer and writer based in Devon.