The Psychology of Attitudes and Attitude Change
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Gregory R. Maio;Geoff Haddock
- Publish Date: 2015-02-05
What are your attitudes on climate change? Do you have opinions on how political parties should be funded? Or indeed, celebrity misadventure?
Written by two world-leading academics in the field of attitudes research, this textbook gets to the very heart of this fascinating and far-reaching field.
In the 2nd Edition, Greg Maio and Geoffrey Haddock expand on how scientific methods have been used to better understand attitudes and how they change,Â with updatesÂ to reflect the most recent findings. With the aid of a few helpful metaphors, the text provides readers with a grasp of the fundamental concepts for understanding attitudes and an appreciation of the scientific challenges that lay ahead.Â With plenty of learning aids to help with revision and a new companion website, this textbook is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning or teaching about attitudes.
Key features of the new edition:
- Key Terms, Key Points and a Glossary
- Research Highlights that illustrate interesting and important case studies and their findings
- Useful recaps of 'What we have learned' and 'What do you think?' questions at the end of chapters to get students thinking
- A new Companion Website (study.sagepub.com/maiohaddock) with useful material for both instructors and students