High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, and Replication
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Baron Schwartz;Peter Zaitsev;Vadim Tkachenko
- Publish Date: 2012-04-02
How can you bring out MySQLâs full power? With High Performance MySQL, youâll learn advanced techniques for everything from designing schemas, indexes, and queries to tuning your MySQL server, operating system, and hardware to their fullest potential. This guide also teaches you safe and practical ways to scale applications through replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover.
Updated to reflect recent advances in MySQL and InnoDB performance, features, and tools, this third edition not only offers specific examples of how MySQL works, it also teaches you why this system works as it does, with illustrative stories and case studies that demonstrate MySQLâs principles in action. With this book, youâll learn how to think in MySQL.
- Learn the effects of new features in MySQL 5.5, including stored procedures, partitioned databases, triggers, and views
- Implement improvements in replication, high availability, and clustering
- Achieve high performance when running MySQL in the cloud
- Optimize advanced querying features, such as full-text searches
- Take advantage of modern multi-core CPUs and solid-state disks
- Explore backup and recovery strategiesâincluding new tools for hot online backups