LED Lighting: A Primer to Lighting the Future
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Sal Cangeloso
- Publish Date: 2012-07-29
Weâre on the brink of a lighting revolution with light-emitting diodesâthe tiny LEDs youâve seen in electronic devices for years. With this practical guide, youâll go behind the scenes to see how and why manufacturers are now designing LED devices to light everything from homes and offices to streets and warehouses.
Author Sal Cangeloso shows you the working parts of a âsimpleâ LED bulb and explains the challenges electronics companies face as they push LED lighting into the mainstream. Youâll learn how you can use LEDs now, and why solid state lighting will bring dramatic changes in the near future.
- Explore the drivers, phosphors, and integrated circuits in a typical LED bulb
- Understand the challenges in producing LED bulbs with acceptable brightness, color temperature, and power consumption
- Learn about non-bulb LED applications, including lamps, street lights, and signage
- Discover the market forces drivingâand impedingâthe adoption of LED lighting
- Compare LEDs to compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and electron-stimulated luminescence (ESL) bulbs
- Gaze into the future of intelligent lighting, including networked lighting systems