Maternal and Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing and Childrearing Family
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Dr. Adele Pillitteri PhD RN PNP
- Publish Date: 2013-10-16
Prepare for your role as a maternity and child health care nurse with this updated Seventh Edition of Adele Pillitteriâs highly respected text! Presenting maternal-newborn and child health care not as two separate disciplines, but as a continuum of knowledge, the book presents the experience of wellness and illness as family-centered events and pregnancy and childbirth as periods of wellness in a womanâs life. Using a nursing process framework, the bookâs clear, easy-to-understand presentation and wide range of built-in learning aids is designed throughout to help you master important concepts and skills.
- Develop critical thinking skills and make the leap from theory to practice through threaded Case Studies that follow a community of maternity and pediatric clients through each chapter. Â
- Build skills in nursing care planning with easy-to-understand, integrated coverage in the text, enhanced by an online Care Plan maker. Â
- Â Prepare for your role as a coordinator of care through Interprofessional Care MapsÂ that demonstrate the nursing process.
- Learn to conduct accurate client assessments with Nursing Care Planning Using Assessment BoxesÂ that give you specific âhow toâ tips.Â
- Broaden your knowledge of correct administration, potential complications, indications, and contraindications of drugs through Nursing Care Planning Based on Respect forÂ Pharmacology boxesÂ that ensure accuracy when administering drugs.Â
- Learn to anticipate and manage various clinical challenges with confidence through open-ended What If? questions.
- Prepare for sound practice with the step-by-step guidance provided in Nursing Care Planning Using Procedures Boxes.Â
- Build your skills in culturally sensitive practice with Nursing Care Planning Based on EffectiveÂ Communication and Nursing Care Planning to Respect Cultural Diversity BoxesÂ that promote effective, culturally sensitive communication with diverse clients.Â
- Get involved in key concepts through Critical Thinking questionsÂ that promote problem-solving and discussion.Â
- Assess your progress as you study using Checkpoint questionsÂ interspersed in each chapter.
- See how research informs the most current practices with Evidence-Based Practice Check Points that summarize research on topics related to maternal and child health care and connect it to the chapter case study.