Evidence Under the Rules [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook Series)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Christopher B. Mueller;Laird C. Kirkpatrick
- Publish Date: 2014-12-11
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes â portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
The eighth edition of Evidence Under the Rules: Text, Cases, and Problems, one of the most widely-adopted Evidence coursebooks ever published, has been thoroughly revised and redesigned to be even more teachable and student friendly. A new two-color design enhances the reading experience, and new text boxes (many with photographs) provide interesting background on select cases and additional perspectives on key issues. New classroom aids include video excerpts of courtroom scenes from famous movies and actual trials, videos of courtroom enactments of many of the bookâs problems, and a comprehensive set of PowerPoint slides that can be used, at the option of the instructor, with âclickersâ so that students can vote on the admissibility of the evidence offered in each problem. Many elements, however, remain the same, including: the bookâs structuring around the Federal Rules of Evidence; carefully edited cases and secondary materials; and the inclusion of numerous problems that allow students to apply new concepts.
Look for these key features of the new edition:
- New two-color design to enhance readability
- Addition of side bars that contain photographs and text relating to important cases, offering background on how the evidence issue arose
- New âComment/Perspectiveâ text boxes provide broader perspectives to aid in understanding doctrine
- Addition of several more problems to allow students to apply important concepts
- More introductory text to provide a foundation for understanding the materials that follow
- Notes have reduced in number and made more comprehensible
- Guidance for answering Note questions is provided so that students understand how to approach questions
- Excerpts of cases in the Crawford line of decisions interpreting confrontation rights have been replaced by summary discussions
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.