Lawyer Negotiation: Theory, Practice, and Law (Aspen Casebook)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jay Folberg
- Publish Date: 2016-03-15
Designed to prepare law students to negotiate knowledgeably and successfully as lawyers representing clients, Lawyer Negotiation: Theory, Practice, and Law, Third Edition, features an integrated approach that combines theory, skills, negotiation strategy, ethics, and law. A very readable, interesting, and lively text for any law school Negotiation course, this book reflects the authors' experience as negotiators, mediators, ADR teachers, and trainers. Interesting notes, thoughtful problems and provocative questions throughout the text raise practical negotiation challenges and policy issues. Excerpts from other leading authors are included, allowing for diverse ideas to be presented on negotiation techniques, and eliminating the need for supplemental material. In addition, examples are included from cases, literature, and the authors' files.
- Retains the same popular format as previous editions while incorporating user recommendations.
- Updated and new excerpts from leading experts presenting different views on practice challenges.
- Fresh notes and examples.
- Additional coverage on causes of conflict, heuristics, the role of emotions, and decision science.
- New material on telephone, email, and cyber negotiation
- More helpful advice for effectively representing clients and negotiating in mediation