Civil Procedure: Doctrine, Practice, and Content [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Stephen N. Subrin;Martha L. Minow;Mark S. Brodin;Thomas O. Main;Alexandra D. Lahav
- Publish Date: 2016-07-19
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive ACCESS to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes â portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Written by respected scholars and experienced educators, this book showcases rules and doctrine of civil procedure at work in actual practice of law. The procedural and nonprocedural aspects of the cases are thought-provoking, to hold studentsâ interest. Each chapter contains a well-written introduction, cases, and clear explanations of the doctrine, supported by comments and questions which deepen studentsâ understanding and clarify key concepts. This book also includes more than forty well-crafted problems the can be used in or out of class to to help students solidify their understanding of the materials. Â In-class exercises and simulations based on two sample case files are integrated throughout. Pleadings, memoranda, transcripts, exhibits, motions, and more â all taken from real cases â appear in the Appendix.
- All cases and notes have been updated so that the book is current through the early part of 2016
- Authors have added several practice exercises to the text that give students more experiential learning opportunities
- Two sample case files with transcripts, memoranda, exhibits, motions integrated throughout book
- Emphasis on lawyering skills and values and social responsibility
- Distinguished authorship by experienced educator-scholars
- Revised Teacherâs Manual, along with a new online community for adopters to allow for the sharing of teaching notes and other content among adopters.
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.