Physiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 5e (Costanzo Physiology)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Linda S. Costanzo PhD
- Publish Date: 2013-08-07
Clear, consistent, and user-friendly, the updated edition of Physiology, by renowned physiology instructor Dr. Linda Costanzo, offers a comprehensive overview of core physiologic concepts at the organ system and cellular levels. It presents information in a short, simple, and focused manner, making it an ideal combination textbook and review guide for the USMLE Step 1. You'll grasp all the essential and relevant physiology knowledge you need for absolute success in school and on your exams!
- Build a strong understanding of the underlying principles of cellular physiology, the autonomic nervous system, and neurophysiology, as well as the cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, acid-base, gastrointestinal, endocrine, and reproductive organ systems.\
- Grasp physiology principles with absolute clarity through step-by-step explanations, easy-to-follow diagrams, and a full-color design, in addition to physiology equations and sample problems integrated throughout the text.
- Effortlessly study important points and reinforce your understanding of physiology with the help of chapter summaries and review questions.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, including an image bank, 8 animations, Ask the Author section, and FAQs.
- Master the latest physiology concepts with expanded coverage on electrochemical driving forces across cell membranes; the cellular mechanisms in smooth muscle; second messengers (including JAK-Stat pathway); the effects of AII, PGs, NSAIDs on RPF, GFR, filtration fraction, and proximal reabsorption; and local reflexes involved in peristalsis.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with the help of additional questions at the end of each chapter offered in an open-ended, problem-solving format.