Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 8e (Kee, Pharmacology)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Linda E. McCuistion PhD RN ANP CNS;Joyce LeFever Kee MS RN;Evelyn R. Hayes PhD MPH FNP-BC
- Publish Date: 2014-02-13
Prepare to administer drugs safely by mastering key pharmacology concepts and drug calculation skills! Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 8th Edition covers nursing pharmacology within a real-world nursing context. Using a clear, streamlined approach, this text makes it easier to understand pharmacology with a detailed unit on dosage calculations, a nursing process framework for drug therapy, and summaries of prototype drugs. Written by nursing educators Joyce Kee, Evelyn Hayes, and Linda McCuistion, this edition includes a strong QSEN focus, enhanced coverage of prioritization, and more NCLEXÂ® Examinationâstyle questions on the subject of pharmacology.
- NEW QSEN focus emphasizes patient-centered care, safety, quality, and collaboration and teamwork.
- NEW content covers the most commonly used drugs, including updated Prototype Drug ChartsÂ and drug tables.
- Enhanced coverage of prioritization includes nursing interventions in the Nursing Process sections listed in order of priority.
- Updated illustrations include new drug labels in the Drug Calculations chapter.