Essential Arabic Vocabulary: A Handbook of Core Terms (Teach Yourself)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Mourad Diouri
- Publish Date: 2015-09-15
This book is a comprehensive guide to the most essential vocabulary in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA).
It's an ideal study companion for those in formal or high school or college and university education as well as self-learners.
Featuring 20 theme-based units, this reference book is designed to help you become familiar with key Arabic words.
It includes the following learning features:
- Contemporary and commonly used vocabulary
- Arabic vocalization and English translations for all words
- Insight and context for Arabic loanwords
- Grammar toolbox of essential rules and structures
- Key dialect words and religious expressions
- Reference guide to support your studies
- A wide range of useful topics
- Insights into Arabic language and culture.
The book's thematic approach covers words for:
- home and family
- work and education
- travel and tourism
- government and politics
- media and communication
- hobbies and sport; and much more.
Also available: Get Started in Beginner's Arabic (ISBN 9781444174960), Read & Write Arabic Script Script (9781444100198) and Complete Arabic (ISBN 9781444100174).
Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.