Structural Wood Design â ASD/LRFD, 2nd ed
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Abi Aghayere;Jason Vigil
- Publish Date: 2017-04-21
This text provides a concise and practical guide to timber design, using both the Allowable Stress Design and the Load and Resistance Factor Design methods. It suits students in civil, structural, and construction engineering programs as well as engineering technology and architecture programs, and also serves as a valuable resource for the practicing engineer. The examples based on real-world design problems reflect a holistic view of the design process that better equip the reader for timber design in practice.
This new edition
- now includes the LRFD method with some design examples using LRFD for joists, girders and axially load members.
- is based on the 2015 NDS and 2015 IBC model code.
- includes a more in-depth discussion of framing and framing systems commonly used in practice, such as, metal plate connected trusses, rafter and collar tie framing, and pre-engineered framing.
- includes sample drawings, drawing notes and specifications that might typically be used in practice.
- includes updated floor joist span charts that are more practical and are easy to use.
- includes a chapter on practical considerations covering topics like flitch beams, wood poles used for footings, reinforcement of existing structures, and historical data on wood properties.
- includes a section on long span and high rise wood structures
- includes an enhanced student design project